Saturday, September 26, 2015

Counting with Apples

During our apple theme this week I made this lame extremely simple activity for my kiddos.   I have learned that simple is just as effective as something that's extremely time-consuming to make.  I made a page that had three trees on each page, with different numbers on them (1-12).  With my PreK kids, I just used pages (1-3) and (4-6).  They rolled the die (you can see it in my aide's hand above the arrow) and then they used tweezers to put that number of pompoms (apples) on the correct tree.  This utilized many skills.  First, could they identify the number on the die?  Second, could they find the tree with that number on it?  Third, could they place the correct number of pompoms on the tree?  Not to mention the fine motor skills they were developing with the tweezers.  So simple, yet so effective!

 
 
 
 
I just slid this in a dry erase pocket/sleeve and off they went.  I was a little nervous about not laminating it, but I wanted to see how it worked and it was great!
 
So just because I love you all so very much....here's a little something from me to you!  Click HERE to get this little lovely for free!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this delightful yet simple activity. I shall be adding it to my Maths Centre.

    ReplyDelete