Thursday, November 8, 2012

Shoal Watercolor Paintings

WOW! It's been over a month since I last blogged. I guess that just goes to show teachers ARE super busy!

So...here we are in November and we are up to our ears in learning! We're finishing up DARE, our unit on nouns, physical science, etc.

In social studies we've been studying different European explorers. One of our most recent explorers was John Cabot. Since I'm also required to teach art, I combined the two (thanks to the idea in Evan-Moor's Explorers of North America Pocket Books) and got this lovely display shoals!



One of the things I was most proud about is we talked about how the deeper in the ocean you get, the darker the water gets...you can see several of them really took that into consideration in their painting!

Here's a picture of the sign, close up.


No comments:

Post a Comment