Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Am Thankful For....Class Book

Today we made a class book....each page said "Thanksgiving is a time when we are thankful for all the good things in our lives." Draw a picture of what you are thankful for. Then they were given the sentence frame: I am thankful for _______ because ____________.

Here were the responses I got from 10 & 11 year olds (and my daughter who came to school with me because she didn't have school this week).

*I am thankful for the food my parents provide because they make sure I don't starve.
*I am thankful for sports and food because I like food and I like to play sports.
*I am thankful for my family because they love me and I love them.
*I am thankful for bacon because it's tasty and good.
*I am thankful for the Earth because that is where we live.
*I am thankful for my family because they love and support me.
*I am thankful for books because I love to read and there are a lot of books I like.
*I am thankful for pecan pie because it's so yummy and my grandma always makes it for Thanksgiving.
*I am thankful for my family because we spend time together.
*I am thankful for a family because I could not get through life and get a good job.
*I am thankful for my teacher because she helps me learn and she makes sure I get a good education.
*I am thankful for family and friends because they feed me, care for me, bring me to fun places, and let me play.

I am especially touched by the one that likes books because she was what I refer to as a "disgruntled" reader at the beginning of the year. I'm also touched by the one who is thankful for her teacher. I am a little bit shocked by the bacon response and I'm also surprised no one wrote God, especially since I have several very religious students in my class. All in all, I think their responses will make a wonderful book!

Here's a picture of the teacher one...


No comments:

Post a Comment